On behalf of CERBA Board of Directors we are pleased to invite our members and friends to the XI Vancouver International Conference
"Mining in Changing and Challenging Climate Conditions:
Regional Trends, Innovations and Opportunities"
organized on the margins of and in conjunction with AME Roundup-2022.
The Conference takes place in virtual format on February 1st, 2022
at 7AM PST | 10AM EST | 18.00 Moscow Time
The XI CERBA Conference is focused on issues and industrial trends of mining in the current conditions of changing climate, including melting of permafrost and other severe conditions observed in Greater Eurasia, including Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan and the Russian Federation.
This event is supported by Global Affairs Canada within the CanExport framework. The Gold Sponsor of the Conference is B2Gold Corp. It is organized in partnership with Association of Mineral Exploration (AME) and Canadian Permafrost Association (CPA).
To register, CLICK HERE
The 15-people international incoming delegation organized in partnership with the Mongolian Union of Economic Geologists will be visiting Vancouver around the Conference for attending the AME Roundup and meeting with Canadian companies and organizations. Please, CLICK HERE to register for individual meetings with the delegates
Preliminary Conference Agenda:
Moderator: Ms. Erin Campbell (Chair of CERBA Vancouver Board and President of ECMB Capital Partners Corp.)
Content: Introductory and welcome from the CERBA National Chair, Gilles Breton, representatives of Global Affairs Canada, BC Provincial Government and AME
- Mr. Gilles Breton, Chair of CERBA National Board
- H.E. Allan Hamson, Ambassador of Canada to the Public of Kazakhstan
I Panel: National Trends in Mining Industry
Moderator: John Sloan (Former Ambassador of Canada to the Russian Federation, Armenia and Uzbekistan)
Content: Latest updates about the mining related legislation, environmental and climate change mitigation policies from Eurasian countries: Russian Federation, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Mongolia.
II Panel: Innovations in Mining - Accessibility, Safety and Sustainable Development
- H.E. Akylbek Kamaldinov, Ambassador of Republic of Kazakhstan to Canada,
- H.E. Oleg Stepanov, Ambassador of the Russian Federation to Canada
- Dr. Azam Kadirhodjaev, Deputy Chairman of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Geology and Mineral Resources
- H.E. Yadmaa Aurinbold, Ambassador of Mongolia to Canada, and Mr. Otgonshar Batnairamdal, Deputy Minister for Mining and Heavy Industry of Mongolia
Moderator: Lukas Arenson (President of Canadian Permafrost Association)
Content: Advanced technologies, policies and solutions for mitigation of climate and environmental risks and resolution of remote areas issues
- Mr. Neil Reeder, Vice President, Government Relations, B2Gold Corp.
- Dr. Michel Carreau, Global Director, Hybrid Power, Hatch
- Dr. Sergey V. Samsonov, Senior Research Scientist, Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Observation, Natural Resources Canada
- Mr. Ben Chalmers, Vice President, Mining Association of Canada
- Mr. Konstantin Barabash, Viking Air Ltd.
- Mr. Vern Biccum, President, Iridia Medical Ltd.
III Panel: Eurasian Investment Opportunities and Advanced Financial Approaches
Moderator: Ivan Maltsev (General Manager of Canadian Operations, AFEX/Corpay)
Content: successful regional investment projects and developing opportunities in Eurasia
- Mr. Vladimir Vasiliev ,General Director, Northern Forum and Ms. Yuliana Diryakhova, Agency for Development and Investment Attraction of Republic of Sakha Yakutia
- Mr. Darren Klinck, President and Director, Arras Minerals Corp. (Kazakhstan)
- Mr. Piotr Migalchian, President, Gold Deposit (Russian Federation)
- Mr. Davaa-Ochir Max Mining (Mongolia), President
Q&A Moderator: Ms. Erin Campbell
Final Remarks: Mrs. Kendra Johnston, President and CEO, Association for Mineral Exploration
The Conference language is English.
Consecutive Russia translation will be provided
An access to the on-line Conference will be sent to all registered participants two days before the Conference by e-mail
To register, CLICK HERE
Please, follow this Webpage for the further conference details
For the sponsorship options please, click below:
For RSVP, Sponsorship and meetings with international delegates, please, contact:
Regional Director, CERBA-Vancouver
+1 604 720 2905 (cell, WhatsApp, Telegram)
or [email protected]
WE ARE GRATEFUL TO OUR GOLD SPONSOR B2Gold Corp.
FOR MAKING THIS EVENT POSSIBLE
EVENT PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS:
More about AME and the Roundup-2022
The Association for Mineral Exploration (AME) is the lead association for the mineral exploration and development industry based in British Columbia. Established in 1912, AME represents, advocates, protects and promotes the interests of thousands of members who are engaged in mineral exploration and development in B.C. and throughout the world. AME encourages a safe, economically strong and environmentally responsible industry by providing clear initiatives, policies, events and tools to support its membership.
Hosted by explorers for explorers, AME’s annual Roundup conference is the mineral exploration industry’s premier opportunity to connect, exchange ideas and inspire new exploration projects: Projects that are critical to a strong economic recovery, supplying materials for a climate-smart future, and sustaining vibrant regional communities for generations to come.
To learn more and register for the events please, visit Roundup-2022