RCBC CONFERENCE ON CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
"The impact of the concept of Sustainable Development on business strategy and CSR business practices"
June 20, 2019 | Thursday | 13:00
RSPP Headquarters, Kotelnicheskaya nab. 17, Moscow
Dear CERBA Members and Friends,
CERBA is pleased to invite you to attend the RCBC Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility to be held on June 20, 2019 in Moscow at the premises of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP), (Kotelnicheskaya nab. 17).
Responsible business is increasingly involved in the movement towards Sustainable Development under the influence of both internal motives related to the need to ensure its own sustainability, efficiency, competitiveness, and under the influence of external pressure from regulators, investors, financial institutions, business partners, customers, and the community. In the current circumstances, companies have to carefully assess emerging and potential risks and opportunities and adjust CSR strategies and activities accordingly.
Increased public attention to the activities of companies has created a growing demand for information about the goals and results of such activities and their impact on the community. As a result, various tools for independent assessment of companies' activities have developed.
With similar issues but differing experience, both countries have valuable insights to share on meeting the demands of stakeholders. The objective of the conference is to discuss the effective practices of Russian and Canadian businesses in the field of CSR and Sustainable Development, and to demonstrate the impact on companies’ bottom lines, including reduction or prevention of risks, meeting investors’ expectations, attracting highly qualified specialists, and generally maintaining a balance between the interests of the company and its stakeholders and the needs of the community under the general concept of Sustainable Development.
The conference will cover the following topics:
• The influence of CSR and Sustainable Development concepts on corporate strategy planning.
• Successful CSR practices by Canadian and Russian companies focused on Sustainable Development (community engagement, infrastructure development, environmental protection, ecology, energy efficiency, supply chain control etc.).
• Advantages of effective CSR and Sustainable Development in the company’s overall performance.
• Current challenges and risk assessment.
• Reporting as a means of evaluation of companies' CSR activities. Investors' and shareholders' attitude to non-financial reporting, and evaluation or audit of CSR reporting.
• The role of government incentives in promoting adoption of CSR practices by companies.
The event will be followed by an Evening Reception for all participants.
DATE: Thursday, June 20, 2019
VENUE: Russian Union of Industrialists & Entrepreneurs Headquarters (Kotelnicheskaya Embankment, 17) (view on map)
ADMISSION: CERBA Members – COMPLIMENTARY
Non-members – 3 000 RUB/person
RSVP: Please email to [email protected] indicating your full name, position, company name and contact information.
We are inviting you to take advantage of the SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES available and to obtain additional visibility for your company. If you would like to discuss possible sponsorship or donation in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact CERBA Moscow office at [email protected] or call +7 495 314 02 68.
RCBC Conference on CSR_ June 20_Sponsorship Package.pdf