CERBA is informing about the following event:
VII annual International Conference "Mining Industry in the Barents Euro-Arctic Region: View to the Future” (IMIC BEAR-2017)
The Conference Topic: «Technological Re-Equipment of Mining Enterprises to Ensure Ecological Balance in the Arctic».
The Barents Euro-Arctic Region is a strategically important sector of the Arctic, rich in natural resources, which possesses a considerable technological, scientific potential and human resources. Good environmental practices in the conditions of sub-Arctic climate defines status of the Barents Region as the leader in development of mineral resources in the Arctic. 2017 is declared the Year of Ecology in Russia. The intensive development of the mining industry in the region opens new opportunities for economic growth, but at the same time causes environmental changes. Therefore, one of the most important tasks of the mining industry is to ensure ecological balance in the Arctic. In this regard, it’s necessary to resolve a number of issues as listed below:
- To improve regulatory system governing environmental protection
- Practical use of amendments in the field of environmental protection which were approved by the Parliamentary Corps;
- To improve environmental indicators by reduction of the negative impact on the environment of the Arctic
- To put into practice the best available technologies.
- Formation of an active civic position among young specialists of mining complex in the sphere of ecological protection
The Barents Euro-Arctic region is the region with the most dense level of interregional cooperation in Russia. Many international projects and initiatives that were implemented as well as ongoing ones explain the interest of politicians, executive authorities, academic and scientific communities, the business circles and mass media towards the Region.
The conference participants will have a unique opportunity to meet and communicate with CEOs, leading experts and representatives of foreign companies and four largest Russian mining industrial groups PhosAgro, EuroChem, Severstal, Norilsk Nickel and to discuss issues of common interest during business meetings at sections, round tables, exhibition stands or during coffee breaks in informal atmosphere with those you have already established contacts or with whom you have not communicated yet.
The Conference is run under the auspices of the Non-profit Partnership “Russian Mining Operators” and with support of the Government of Murmansk Region in the framework of the VI Murmansk International Business Week.
Topics of the IMIC BEAR - 2017 are devoted to:
- Prospects for development and solutions of environmental problems in mining industry of the Barents Euro-Arctic region
- Improvement of the regulatory system addressing environmental and social challenges in order to secure sustainable development of the mining industry
- Best environmental practices, national strategies and fundamental principles as tools regulating environmental and social issues.
Other scientific and practical seminars, round table discussions might be organized if they meet the goals of the Conference IMIC BEAR–2017.
Organizers of the Conference:
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Russian Federation
- Government of Murmansk Region
- Kola Science Center of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Euro-Arctic Chamber of Commerce
See the details regarding program, participants, online registration, deadlines, announcements and other issues at http://conference.ncci.ru/(en)
- Natalia Schebarova (accommodation, logistics issues)
- Olga Yustchuk (general issues)
- Nadezda Kumashova (foreign participants)
- Andrey Iliin (organizing issues)
- Vladimir Masloboev (presentations at Plenary session and sections)
Address: 10 Russanova Pereulok, Murmansk, 183038, RUSSIA
Telephones: +7 (8152) 55-47-20, 55-47-47, 55-47-23; tel/fax: +7 (8152) 55-47-21;
Mobile tel.: +7 960 020 1605
E-mails: [email protected]; [email protected]
Internet: http://ncci.ru, http://conference.ncci.ru/(en).