CERBA is informing about the following Partner event:
21st St. Petersburg International Economic Forum will take place on June 1–3, 2017 at the ExpoForum Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Address: 64/1, Peterburgskoye Shosse, St. Petersburg (view on map)
PARTICIPATION OPTIONS AND REGISTRATION
Key points of SPIEF 2017:
Dynamics of the Global Economy
- The St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) will take place from June 1 to 3, 2017 at the ExpoForum Convention and Exhibition Centre in St. Petersburg. The key theme of the Forum is ‘Achieving a New Balance on the Global Stage’.
- SPIEF has been held since 1997. Over the years, it has turned into one of the biggest international economic forums in the world. Its participants include heads of state and government, executives of international companies and organizations as well as leading global experts that include representatives of science, the media and civil society.
- One of the guest countries at SPIEF 2017 will be India as represented by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi, which is fully consistent with the mutual desire of Russia and India to develop their exclusive bilateral strategic partnership. In addition, official delegations from other countries as well as UN Secretary-General António Guterres and others are expected to attend this year’s Forum.
- The Forum programme consists of five major pillars:
- Discussions in this pillar will address the most relevant trends in the global economy and geopolitics as well as macroeconomic development, environmental safety, and international trade.
- Russian Economic Agenda
- This pillar will shed light on themes that focus on ways to develop the Russian economy, its role in the global economy, and the influence of changing external and internal factors on certain industries and sectors.
- Embracing Tech Disruptors
- During these sessions, leaders of the digital industry will present their visions for change: in the fields of finance, energy, healthcare, cybersport, and artificial intelligence.
- Focus on the Human Factor
- This pillar will be devoted to the role of education in a digital economy, changes to the labour market, corporate social responsibility, and humanitarian cooperation.
- ‘Conversations about the Future’ Foresight Series
- The ‘Conversations about the Future’ series of lectures will take place for the first time. Leading businessmen, experts, politicians, and scientists will share their visions of what our lives will look like in 20 or 30 years’ time in the format of forward-looking lectures and interviews
- A total of roughly 100 events will take place as part of the Forum’s official programme. Such events include a plenary session, roundtables, discussions, business dialogues, and business breakfasts.
The Forum agenda also features the following events:
- The session ‘BRICS: Boosting Economic Cooperation’
- The B20 International Trade and Investment Forum
- The SCO and Prospects for the Development of Broad Eurasian Partnership
- The Valdai Club Session. Globalization Revisited: Is Every Country on its Own Now?
- The Russia-India Forum of CEOs
- The traditional Summit of Energy Company CEOs
- Country Business Dialogues:
- Russia–Latin America
- EAEU–India, Strategies for Developing the Pharmaceutical Industry, and IT Breakfast
- World Festival of Youth and Students Session (held for the first time)
- The Science – A Look into the Future session, which will be attended by Nobel Prize winners
- The Forum will also feature the Investment and Business Project Exhibition at which Russia’s regions can show off their investment potential and specific projects to an international audience, while companies can present their technologies, products, and solutions for business development.
- An extensive cultural and sporting programme is also planned for SPIEF participants.
More information is available on the website of the Forum
Contact the organizers:
Should you have any questions regarding participation in SPIEF, or require additional information about partner packages and opportunities for participation in the Forum’s events, please contact the Roscongress Foundation.
Information for participants: +7 (812) 680 0000
Information about exhibitions: +7 (495) 640 9291
Information for the media: +7 (812) 635 8018
Email: [email protected]
12, Krasnopresnenskaya Naberezhnaya, Moscow, 123610, Russia
88A, Sredny Prospekt, V.O., St. Petersburg, 199106, Russia