Dear Clients and Partners,
We would like to remind you that on September 7, 2020 changes to the Federal law No.109-FZ of 18.07.2006 "On the Migration Registration of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons in the Russian Federation" will take effect.
What are the changes?
1. Foreign nationals who own a living premise in the territory of Russia may act as host parties for any other foreign nationals who actually dwell in this premise.
2. Aside from already existing means of submitting the address registration application (at migration office in person or via MFC or via post office) the new law introduces a new option to submit it in electronic form via Public Services Portal. In this case, host party must print the detachable part of the electronic notification received from state authority and pass it to the foreign national.
3. In case a foreign national’s host party that owns a premise is a Russian national permanently residing outside Russia, a foreign national or a foreign organization staying or located outside Russia then this foreign national is obliged to report their arrival to the migration office in person in order to perform their address registration. To this end, they will need to provide a notarized consent of the owner for their stay in the relevant premise. The form of consent is to be approved by the MIA of Russia.
4. When registering upon arrival at a hotel or similar organization (sanatorium, recreation center etc.) foreign nationals will no longer be automatically de-registered from their previous place of stay provided that the latter was not another hotel or similar organization.
5. The law provides that the residence registration for the holders of temporary or permanent residence permits, in addition to the option of visiting a migration office in person, is also available via Multifunctional center or in electronic form.
Who is affected?
Foreign nationals as well as companies or individuals who provide them with premises for actual dwelling.
INTERMARK IMMIGRATION TEAM
Email: [email protected]ation.ru
Tel.: +7 (495) 502 95 53