Dear CERBA Members and Partners,
According to the information kindly provided by CERBA Corporate Member – Intermark Relocation, please be informed that the Federal Law was signed on May 26th 2021 by the President of Russian Federation which eases the visa obtaining process for foreign citizens who come to Russia on tourist purposes.
This law will come into force on August 25, 2021.
What law introduces the changes?
- Federal Law #145-FZ of May 26th 2021 "on amending article 25-6 of the Federal Law "On the Procedure of Exit from the Russian Federation and Entry into the Russian Federation".
What are the changes?
1. A tourist visa can be obtained upon presenting the following documents:
- confirmation (tourist voucher) from a tourist company accredited by the federal register of tour operators (currently this is the only available option);
- booking confirmation from a hotel or another accommodation facility included to the unified list of classified hotels, ski slopes, beaches.
2. A tourist visa will be granted for a period of up to 6 months (at the moment it is given for up to 1 month or 6 months according to the principle of reciprocity).
Who will be affected?
Foreign citizens who plan on visiting Russia with tourist purposes.