VANCOUVER, BC, April 19, 2021 — Today, the provincial government announced that it will be extending its provincial health orders that came into effect on March 29, 2021 at 11.59pm, for another five weeks until midnight on May 25, 2021, and that include:
- The variance allowing indoor religious gatherings and worship services between March 28, 2021 and May 13, 2021 is suspended.
- Indoor low intensity group exercise classes are cancelled.
- Restaurants, pubs and bars are closed for indoor dining. Outdoor patio seating and take-out or delivery is allowed.
- Whistler Blackcomb ski resort is closed.
- Workplaces with a COVID-19 exposure may be ordered to close for a minimum of 10 days.
In addition, to curb transmission across the province over the coming weeks, non-essential travel will be limited to within health authorities. Solicitor General Mike Farnworth is expected to release details of a supporting order on Friday, April 23, 2021.