Gowling WLG is pleased to announce the release of The Universe of Pharmaceutical Trademarks in Russia 2021, authored by David Aylen, managing partner of Gowling WLG’s Russia/CIS practice. This is the third edition of the highly anticipated and authoritative publication.
The Universe of Pharmaceutical Trademarks in Russia 2021 offers sector participants a comprehensive review of the trademark aspects of the pharmaceutical industry in Russia today – a market that Deloitte valued at almost US$30 billion in a recent study. The report examines the legal foundations for trademark protection in Russia, recent trademark decisions, the strong drive for localization, and the challenging issues of counterfeiting and parallel importation.
The report includes a range of timely and practicable information, including:
- An economic overview of the pharmaceutical industry in Russia and the drive to grow the market of locally produced medicines
- A detailed examination of the legal foundations that underpin trademark protection in Russia
- A guide to recent decisions by Russia's IP Court and the RF Supreme Arbitration Court, and what these decisions may mean going forward
- A general overview of counterfeit pharmaceuticals in Russia and their consequences, and ongoing anti-counterfeiting efforts
- An analysis of the parallel importation of pharmaceuticals in Russia, including the current status of parallel importation and concerns about what its possible legalization could mean for the pharma sector
“We are very pleased to release the newest edition of this comprehensive paper,” said Aylen. “It’s a contemporary status report on trademark issues in the Russian pharmaceutical industry. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, it has been a market of great challenges and opportunities. Now more than ever, trademark issues are at the very forefront of client success within the Russian pharmaceutical market.”
CLICK ON THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE GUIDE
About the author
David Aylen is an internationally renowned intellectual property lawyer with extensive experience advising foreign companies on the procurement and protection of IP rights in Russia, the CIS countries, and Canada. His area of specialization include strategic IP advice and complex cross-border IP litigation, trade secrets as well as strategic patent and trademark portfolio management. Repeatedly recognized as a leading IP lawyer by Who’s Who Legal, IAM Patent, Managing Intellectual Property, and World Trademark Review, he regularly serves as an adviser to major global corporations in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, telecommunications, and manufacturing-based industries.
Director of Business Development RUSSIA/CIS
T +7 495 775 4863